Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Howdy
[Image: im_back_baby.jpg?itok=_zUSEPVU]

Yep. I'm just as surprised as you are. 

I guess the most obvious new thing about me is that I stepped down as president of the Republic of Drew Star Line in July, and it collapsed barely a month later. I'd given up on it all. I just couldn't convince myself of the "Island Dream," as Edward so eloquently put it. Now I lead a little micronation called Sunþrawegaz (soon-thrah-way-gawz). It's the Lego version of Sabia and Verona. Not a lot of action happens there, but it's just a nice little hobby. I'm rather over the serious sessionist branch of micronationalism. After twelve years of that, I've found my calling creating my own little world, and focusing on telling a story through little plastic bricks rather than trying to succeed at something.

I also run the Drunkiz Gadurō (proto-Germanic for "Drunken Gathering"), the Skype group that held that recent flag contest (which I partnered up with our good friend Ned on). So, yeah. I've actually been staying out of trouble. Shocker!
 [Image: Flag_of_San_Dover.png]

Violette "Suzuki" Clingersmith

Co-Founder and Leader of the Drew Star Line Legacy (2005-)
Creator and Caretaker of the Sunþrawegaz Kuningadōmas (2017-)

Uskorian Knight of the Bachelorette, Novian Baroness of the Fennec Fox,
Recipient of the Sovereign Order of the Rose, Recipient of the Order of Uskor, Member of the Austenasian Order.

Good to see you back. Hopefully you've learned something from your absence, but it's nice having someone as experienced as you.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=992]
Nick Fredriksson
Of Sademaara, formerly of Førvania

Welcome back!
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
Your Back ?!
President of Pontillius, Emperor of Woslydor, Autocrat of Bohemia, and Reigonal General of Microcali.

Founded on December 31st 2016

Troll
Nice to see you back here!

Engineer ~ Businessman ~ Progressive

Editor of the Quo Times

I survived because the fire inside burned brighter than the fire around me. - Joshua Graham
(18 Oct 2017, 00:30:53)Nick F. Toaster Wrote: Good to see you back. Hopefully you've learned something from your absence, but it's nice having someone as experienced as you.

Yeah, I heard that there were a lot of prominent micronations that went bye-bye over the last six months. Heck, even DSL fell (I'd already left before that happened). Glad to see a few friendly faces here, though!

Recipient of the Sovereign Order of the Rose, Recipient of the Order of Uskor, Member of the Austenasian Order.

Welcome back! How large is Sunþrawegaz?
HM King Max I
Kingdom of Jupiter and Greater Territories.
Quote:I just don't care, I respect who you are if you respect who I am. 
Kingdomjupiter.weebly.com 
(18 Oct 2017, 21:18:22)MaxofJupiter Wrote: Welcome back! How large is Sunþrawegaz?

It's slated to be 1500 square feet. So, it "exists" on its own planet, known as Qarna. Here's a map of Qarna:

(With any luck I still know how to make spoilers)

Each pixel on this 3500 by 1750 square pixel map will correspond to one 32 by 32 stud Lego baseplate. In effect, Qarna has a physical area of about 100 acres. But I'm not building the whole thing. Just an island towards the western edge where Sunþrawegaz resides.

Fun fact, I actually got this map from DeviantArt. One of my favorite artists makes terraformed planetary maps, and this was his Venus map. He actually gave me permission to use it for Sunþrawegaz and Qarna. Pretty sweet!

If you're wondering about the micronation's population size, that really depends. Officially/fictionally, it's 0 right now, because I haven't bought any minifigures to populate it. I'm still in the designing phase. If you're wondering about the de facto/factual population, it's just me. And will probably remain just me.

There are a few odd things I'm doing with Sunþrawegaz that effects population though. Firstly, other micronations can set up an embassy. It'll basically be a little brick-built building deep in the heart of the capital of Habnō (Sunþrawegaz is actually a city-state, so it's capital is the really the only inhabited area to begin with). Also, Hiraeth has been permitted to "build" a Discordian Temple inside of Sunþrawegaz. I'm gonna have fun designing that!

Oh, yeah. Some words from King-Pope Marvel of Hiraeth, whom I actually ran into yesterday evening. They're still around, but I haven't really heard anything about land claims anymore. King-Pope Marvel seems to be steering Hiraeth into the SMOM of micronations, a sovereign religious group with no land claims. Pretty sweet, if you ask me.

Oh, hey, for anybody who is curious about how to spell that þ in Sunþrawegaz, have no fear! If you have a non-Apple computer, hold down the ALT key and type in 0254 on the number pad. This may actually work on an Apple computer, but I've never owned one, so I can't say for certain. Oh, yeah, and that þ is pronounced with a "th" sound, not a "p" or "b." I've seen a handful of "Sunprawegaz" spellings lately!

wb mate
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz