Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Official Forum Activity Level Statistics Thread
Because I have nothing really better to do, I've decided I'm going to spend some of my spare time monitoring the current activity levels of the forums. Each month I will catalog the number of users who have posted material, the number of threads being commented on, and the total number of posts in general. I began with September 2017's record, and I hope to do every month thereafter.

September 2017 saw 56 active users comment on 60 different threads for a total of 228 posts. This graph shows the current trend (well, not now... Because it's the first data set. I'll come out with October's issue in a few days to compare it to).

[Image: Sep_2017_Activity.png]
Interesting numbers there. At least it shows this community is quite far from being dead. (Dying in my opinion is being less than one post on average per day. Dead is less than a post on average per week, and less than 5 active users daily throughout that period.)

[Image: CoA%20of%20Zenrax%20small_zpsgqm9v56g.png]
This is a fantastic idea! :D
His Imperial Majesty
Jonathan I
(Imperator Caesar Jonathan Augustus)
By the Grace of Christ our God faithful Austenasian Emperor and Autocrat of the Romans
[Image: 8hcAM4h.png]
Also, there were 7 new users who posted material in September 2017. This may not seem important now, but sometime this week I'll have another chart that will showcase net gain/loss of active users for October. I'm also interested to see the turnover rates of new users into consistently active ones over a period of time. Based solely on my recollection, I recall only about 1 or 2 of the several new users per month continuing to post after just a few weeks. I'd like to see some numbers back up my memory.
This is a brilliant idea :) well done!
Marka Mejakhansk GCOC OBS KCA
President of the Nemkhav Federation
Chancellor of the Central Nemkhav Republic
October 2017 saw 53 users comment on 70 threads for a total of 377 posts. While active users are down by -5%, threads commented on is up by +17%, and post count is up a whopping 65%. This month saw a total of 9 new active users. 

A quick word: I will try to expand this statistics chart to include information from all the way back to November 2013. This month I will try to finish up January to August 2017, and I hope to be done with the entire past activity statistics by mid-spring. This will help further quantify activity levels over time, and may help identify recurring patterns in loss or gain of activity levels. 

Anyways, here is this month's chart:

[Image: Oct_2017_Activity.png]
Wonderful idea! Really very interesting. I noticed in your summary you mention how many new users there are each month, but you don't have a line for it. Perhaps you could? If it's not too much work, of course. Just another idea to make this more thorough.

(1 Nov 2017, 16:16:31)SoD Woods Wrote: Wonderful idea! Really very interesting. I noticed in your summary you mention how many new users there are each month, but you don't have a line for it. Perhaps you could? If it's not too much work, of course. Just another idea to make this more thorough.

I tried to include it, but it's shoved so far at the bottom, and the actual variation from month to month is so static, that it's hard to properly tell that there is an increase or a decrease on the chart. Perhaps when I go through the rest of this year's data, if the numbers fluctuate a bit more noticeably, I'll include it.

EDIT: Ah, okay. I'll add an updated chart here in bit showing new users. It doesn't look too terrible, especially since I was able to change the color from the red it kept handing me to a nice medium blue. I had to get rid of the little dots, though, otherwise it's hard to see any change (it also helps discern the data between threads and total users a bit more).

[Image: Sep-Oct_2017_Activity.png]