Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4 Average
News from Suzukia
San Dover is back! Here's the updated Wiki article. Also, look below in my signature to see the amazing new flag for San Dover!
 [Image: Flag_of_San_Dover.png]

Violette "Suzuki" Clingersmith

Founder and Leader of the Sovereign San Doverian Order (2005-)
Creator and Caretaker of the Sunþrawegaz Kuningadōmas (2017-)
 Creator and Caretaker of Hadlow n'Melthrune (2019-)

Uskorian Knight of the Bachelorette, Novian Baroness of the Fennec Fox,
Recipient of the Sovereign Order of the Rose, Recipient of the Order of Uskor, Member of the Austenasian Order.

Due to the growing toxicity in the MW Discords, I've elected to hang out around here for a bit. See what's shaking. I've heard a rumor that the great John Marshall still haunts these hallowed halls...
 [Image: Flag_of_San_Dover.png]

Violette "Suzuki" Clingersmith

Founder and Leader of the Sovereign San Doverian Order (2005-)
Creator and Caretaker of the Sunþrawegaz Kuningadōmas (2017-)
 Creator and Caretaker of Hadlow n'Melthrune (2019-)

Uskorian Knight of the Bachelorette, Novian Baroness of the Fennec Fox,
Recipient of the Sovereign Order of the Rose, Recipient of the Order of Uskor, Member of the Austenasian Order.

(27 Mar 2019, 17:36:11)Suzuki Wrote: I have decided where I would like to place this new state. The lucky winners are five islands that are part of the United States Minor Outlying Islands statistical group. They are geographically part of two archipelagos: Kingman Reef, Palmyra Atoll, and Jarvis Island make up parts the Line Islands; Howland Island and Baker Island make up parts of the Phoenix Islands. Together they have a total land area of 5.36 mi² (13.88 km²), and a population of zip. They are currently administered by the Fish and Wildlife Service of the Department of the Interior, although Palmyra is largely owned by The Nature Conservancy, a charitable environmentalist group.

These five American islands are actually just five of the twenty-one islands (plus two submerged atolls, with the addition of a possible third) of both the Phoenix and Line Islands. The rest are part by the Republic of Kiribati. However, until 1983, all of these islands were part of the United States, and because they have such a low population (estimated at 8,813 for the Line Islands, 24 for the Phoenix Islands), it stands to reason that re-incorporating these territories back into the United States as the State of the Phoenix and Line Islands isn't that far of a stretch. They could probably be purchased from Kiribati or some kind of "scratch-my-back, I'll-scratch-yours" deal could be worked out. If so, then the new territory/state would have a decent land area of 206.89 mi² (535.85 km²), which is about the land area of Guam.
Good luck with your quest to create a new state! That would be really cool.
King James of the Empire of Barbettia