Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Provisional Government Established
I have proposed to the Austenasian ruler that he open a separate thread, that this polemic might continue in a more appropriate area. Certainly, Thomas Merrell, you will be most welcome to submit your opinions in such a thread as well.

In the meantime, I would that this thread return to the original subject, and the question of the Roman emperors be confined to a separate thread, simply for the sake of the gravity and importance of this announcement, that it be not detracted.

Cordially,
I can't remember if this was ever asked or if you ever explained, but why "New Israel"? I mean, you're not Jewish, you don't live in the "promise land"..? Why not "New [state]" where the state is the one you live in
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
Welcome back Markus.
His Majesty
Valdemar Óskyldrsson
With the Help of God, Konung of the Rhoss
[Image: 161px-Rhossr%C3%ADkiLesser2.png]
Welcome back, Markus :)
[Image: 598px-Esseseal.png]
Henry Clémens
Count of Siñbaša, Marquis of New Keutschen, former Lord of the Commonwealth
OAO SEO SAV GKIS KOP KSR CUR OIF KOC MOT KOS CSB CRL COG
Former Lord of the Essian Commonwealth, former Chair of the Grand Unified Micronational, Founder and former President of the Federated States of America

Welcome back, Marcus, and just in time for Lent too!

Personally, I admire your abdication of an imperial throne due to your obligation to Rome, and in similar fashion, this is why I chose to be a Thegn rather than one of the myriad other monarchical titles - as to be of recognized nobility and authority without claiming the undue pretensions or unearned honors that might be associated with being named a king, emperor, or even Duke or Count (though there is genealogical evidence that I should be recognized as a Count of the Holy Roman Empire, even if it no longer exists, many in Europe still bear these titles)
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
Does the re-established New Israel still include a "Saxon Empire"? If so, may I enquire what this Empire actually consists of and where it is based?
[Image: Angle-saxish_coa.png]

HIS KYNESCHIP JOHANNES, ANGELSAXENE KYNING
Welcome back Markus! What a great time to come back too, just the start of Lent.
[Image: Coat_of_Arms_of_the_House_of_Daniels.png]
Edward Daniels
Micronationalist statesman and politician
oi oi welcome back mate
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz
(14 Feb 2018, 10:04:04)Tjorvi Wrote: I can't remember if this was ever asked or if you ever explained, but why "New Israel"? I mean, you're not Jewish, you don't live in the "promise land"..? Why not "New [state]" where the state is the one you live in

Good evening,

Thank you for your message. When the Holy Empire was established, the name was deemed both creative and apropos. Initially, the chosen name for New Israel's capital was "New Jerusalem" to correspond both to the biblical namesake as well as the city of Jerusalem of the Zionist state.

You raise a good point in commenting on the name of the Holy Empire properly speaking. The reforms of the Holy Empire include changes to the internal workings of the government, but do not exclude changes to the name of the state itself. Therefore, it is within the realm of possibility that the Holy Empire will adopt a new and more appropriate name to correspond with the present situation. Certainly, the name of New Israel is less appropriate now than before, since the Holy Office has, as an official policy for about a year now, criticized both the Jewish state in the Holy Land, as well as the Zionist political orientation of not only its leaders, but also its government, with particular concern for its persecution of Catholics.

If such a reform should be enacted to the very name of the State, the greater micronational community will be informed. Meanwhile, during the present reforms, some will be shrouded in confidentiality, especially due to past hostilities from the state of Delvera; but others will, based on the prudential judgment of our Holy Office, be openly shared with all of you.

Cordially,
Markus Pius
Grand Inquisitor
Holy Empire of New Israel
(14 Feb 2018, 10:11:48)Aleksandr Wrote: Welcome back Markus.

Dear Aleksandr,

Thank you for your message. It is a pleasure to speak with you and larger community once more, after this lengthy absence.

(14 Feb 2018, 15:22:20)Twain Wrote: Welcome back, Markus :)

Dear Twain,

Thank you for your friendly reception.

(14 Feb 2018, 16:52:35)ThegnSiarFordell Wrote: Welcome back, Marcus, and just in time for Lent too!

Personally, I admire your abdication of an imperial throne due to your obligation to Rome, and in similar fashion, this is why I chose to be a Thegn rather than one of the myriad other monarchical titles - as to be of recognized nobility and authority without claiming the undue pretensions or unearned honors that might be associated with being named a king, emperor, or even Duke or Count (though there is genealogical evidence that I should be recognized as a Count of the Holy Roman Empire, even if it no longer exists, many in Europe still bear these titles)

Salutations ThegnSiarFordell,

Thank you for your message. Since Lent is an appropriate time for the reformation of self, it also must be an appropriate time for the reformation of government. We will ensure you are informed throughout the developments.

The Holy Office appreciates your respect for the imperial title. We wish to lead by example by having abdicated this imperial moniker, whether it was ever legitimate to begin with, because it seems quite contrary to history for any man to simply, at his own whim, or even for a greater good, impose upon himself a title held by a far more noble line of men, a line of men whose throne is upheld, really and truly, by the authority of the Pope, who alone has authority to "bind and loose" in both the temporal and spiritual order. As you wisely point out, "undue pretensions or unearned honors" detract from the intended dignity of the micronational pursuit. When a micronation is motivated for worthy causes, but nevertheless arrogates to itself honours unearned and undue, its entire purpose seems to be negated. 

(14 Feb 2018, 20:46:25)Johannes Andreassuun Wrote: Does the re-established New Israel still include a "Saxon Empire"? If so, may I enquire what this Empire actually consists of and where it is based?

Greetings Johannes Andreassuun,

Thank you for your inquiry. To clarify, the Holy Empire of New Israel has been re-established de facto, but de iure, it has not ceased to exist. The opinion of ourselves is that the Holy Empire would only cease to exist with a formal act by its government, which has not happened; and such a formal act would be either total dissolution of the Empire, or the changing of the Empire's name to something else, at which point its identity would be so unrecognisable from its previous form, that it would be legal fiction not to declare the Holy Empire dissolved, with a new nation in its place. And such, as we commented above, is well within the realm of possibility, but is not guaranteed.

The Saxon Empire, as you correctly infer, consists of no states or territory, and the office of Saxon emperor, though not yet abdicated, will likely be. The fate of the Saxon Empire, according to the prudence of the Holy Office, is still being decided. In the reformation of the Holy Empire, the individual states, free cities, &c are also subject to this work. It is for that reason that we have removed the Atlas of the Holy Empire from our Wiki page, as the Atlas will undoubtedly change in the coming weeks.

Specific and further details on this question should be addressed via diplomatic channels, as they undoubtedly are in your interest.

(14 Feb 2018, 21:20:42)Edward Daniels Wrote: Welcome back Markus! What a great time to come back too, just the start of Lent.

Dear Edward Daniels,

Thank you for your welcome.

(14 Feb 2018, 22:16:53)frix Wrote: oi oi welcome back mate

Dear frix,

Thank you for your welcome!

Cordially,
Markus Pius
Grand Inquisitor
Holy Empire of New Israel