Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Irish abortion referendum, let's have a debate!
On Friday, the people of the Republic of Ireland could be one of very few nations to legalise abortion through a public referendum. It would be an historic shift for an country where it's moral compass just a decade or two ago was controlled through religion. A vote to legalise would be another dramatic defeat for the church following the same sex marriage vote just a few years back.

So; I understand it's a difficult topic but how would you vote if you was in the shoes of the Irish on Friday and why?
CEO of "The Bedroom Republic"
I can see religious fundamentalists posting here very shortly.
The Provisional Government of the Kingdom of Madrona

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
(20 May 2018, 20:00:23)Tjorvi Wrote: I can see religious fundamentalists posting here very shortly.

Let them. They are just as entitled in an democracy to air their opinions as any other.

To be honest, people who disagree with these extremists cause more harm to the future of democracy by playing the offensive and abhorrence card instead of challenging their thoughts.
You can't have a healthy debate with anyone if they flat out refuse to agree with reason. It moves into the territory of trolling. I won't point fingers or single people out, however I will simply hope you're ready to sleep in the bed you've made for yourself ;)

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
(20 May 2018, 20:33:15)Tjorvi Wrote: You can't have a healthy debate with anyone if they flat out refuse to agree with reason. It moves into the territory of trolling. I won't point fingers or single people out, however I will simply hope you're ready to sleep in the bed you've made for yourself ;)

I'm sure you are aware that in electoral campaigning, both sides have to be heard no matter how extreme opinions are from one side.
I understand that, but perhaps you should spend some time reading other threads on "controversial topics" already posted here in times past, get a basic feel of how some people feel about it. I think that might do better to explain what I'm trying to say. However, by all means keep this thread if that is your interest, ask the questions.

No doubt there will also be the non-religious people who show up and make their views known as well.
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz
Were I an Irish citizen, I would vote "No" - this is, of course, not an absolute, and there might be exceptions, such as health risks, to save the mother's life, or if the pregnancy becomes unviable... but speaking on very general terms, the strong should not be allowed to murder the weak simply because they are an inconvenience.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
I think it's just great that this debate about a woman's body is being exclusively discussed by men and boys. I honestly believe that any law on abortion should be put up for females to vote on only, and for that matter, debates such as this.
 [Image: Flag_of_San_Dover.png]

Violette "Suzuki" Clingersmith

Founder and Leader of the Sovereign San Doverian Order (2005-)
Creator and Caretaker of the Sunþrawegaz Kuningadōmas (2017-)
 Creator and Caretaker of Hadlow n'Melthrune (2019-)

Uskorian Knight of the Bachelorette, Novian Baroness of the Fennec Fox,
Recipient of the Sovereign Order of the Rose, Recipient of the Order of Uskor, Member of the Austenasian Order.

This is largely being debated by men and boys largely because of a dominance of guys here and such a minority of women. If women want to get involved in the discussion then I welcome it, and I agree that they should be involved considering it is their bodies