Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
News from Pinang Interior Ministry
All news regarding my work as Interior Minister of Pinang will be published on this thread.
CEO of "The Bedroom Republic"
Statement regarding Duke conflict:

Over the last few days, the President of Duke, Mr. Tom Kap began correspondence with officials within the Ministry in an attempt to resolve his part within the former Republic's constitutional crisis. Whilst his behaviour disrespected international order, I felt it was important for discussions to begin and to give his Government a right to explain his conduct. Our aims for the discussions was to make officials within his administration understand our concerns, to outline our intentions of an "full investigation" into the crisis and to find a general resolution, therefore the end of the smear campaigns and general aggression from his administration. International order and the respect of it is a matter of significant importance for the people of Pinang and this Ministry and we explained this to President Kap.

Discussions have been extremely successful on all fronts and whilst no agreement to constitute the end of this shameful international incident, we have agreed "in principle" the terms for an six month probationary period. 

The terms for the probationary period are as follows:

The Intermicronational Military Unit will be disbanded with immediate effect, and President Kap will make no attempt to reform the IMU or join/create a new micronational military organisation. This includes any military pacts or alliances with other nations.

President Kap will take down all propaganda against myself, including the libellous news articles and will make a full apology on these Forums within 48 hours of the agreement being signed.

President Kap and his government will endeavour to avoid all international confrontation with other micronations, including our allies. 

Failure to keep to these demands could lead to a worsening of relations with Duke, although success will certainly lead to a future diplomatic treaty.
Update on legislation:

Kermedec Union Referendum (May 2018) Approval Bill was submitted for parliamentary approval earlier last week and approval is expected within the next few days. This legislation will give powers to the Prime Minister and the Interior Ministry to conduct negotiations with the KU when a charter is approved.

A document will be published later giving special status to the English Language. This is in anticipation for an English Language Act later this year. I want to respect the fact that we are a mainly Italian speaking country however to be a world leader in micronationalist diplomacy, all diplomats must have an understanding of English. The same will apply to Pinang.

This leads me on to the One Pinang Masterplan, a framework which will outline how Pinang will be a standard leading micronation, inclusive to all and an example to the rest. This document will be published on the coming weeks.
There's no need. Pinang will enter the same in the KU. Because if we did a referendum. The Minister of Defense and Public Security, Walker, Me and the President of the Judicial Court would vote in favor therefore even if the others would vote no we would enter the KU. In addition, every nation in the KU will have 2 representatives that we would eventually be 2.
Rayiys of Pinang
President of Pinang News
Director of National Assembly
Co-President of the Liberal Constitutional Party
Sergeant of Department of Oblast of Estosadok-Costituzione
General of Military Forces
Mayor of Estosadok-Costituzione
Governor of Oblast of Estosadok-Costituzione

"It is the rule in war, if ten times the enemy's strength, surround them; if five times, attack them; if double, be able to divide them; if equal, engage them; if fewer, defend against them; if weaker, be able to avoid them."-  Sun Tzu

For more informations:
https://micronations.wiki/wiki/User:Esty
(29 Jun 2018, 18:19:52)Senator Esty Wrote: There's no need. Pinang will enter the same in the KU. Because if we did a referendum. The Minister of Defense and Public Security, Walker, Me and the President of the Judicial Court would vote in favor therefore even if the others would vote no we would enter the KU. In addition, every nation in the KU will have 2 representatives that we would eventually be 2.

I think you read it wrong there, this bill formally recognises the result of the Referendum and gives the Government the legal power to enter the KU when a charter is agreed between themselves.