Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Defining Micronationalism
Interesting conversation topic I've been thinking about. Coming up on 13 years of being a micronationalist, I'm kind of looking back on how I ended up here in this amateur profession to begin with. My original motives were to create a town with my friends, for us to live in, raise our future families in, and eventually succumb to worms in. All of this was to be accomplished not as a seceding sovereign entity, but as an integral part of the United States.

Within the broad terminology that micronationalism entails, what would be the viewpoints here of internal partition movements, such as the advocation of new states in the US? Could they be considered micronational, or are they above or below this term? Also, what of group advocacy of imperialistic goals, such as the GNSR's United Latin America? Do they fall into a micronational sphere or a macronational one?
 [Image: Flag_of_San_Dover.png]

Violette "Suzuki" Clingersmith

Founder and Leader of the Sovereign San Doverian Order (2005-)
Creator and Caretaker of the Sunþrawegaz Kuningadōmas (2017-)
 Creator and Caretaker of Hadlow n'Melthrune (2019-)

Uskorian Knight of the Bachelorette, Novian Baroness of the Fennec Fox,
Recipient of the Sovereign Order of the Rose, Recipient of the Order of Uskor, Member of the Austenasian Order.

If a person or group advocates for a new state in the United States, then they are not micronational, as a micronation is a self-declared sovereign nation, where as previously mentioned, this is just a state, not a State.
"Progress doesn't wait for conservatives."
~ King Shamus I, Kingdom of Madrona, 2016

His Majesty King Shamus the First of the Provisional Government of the Kingdom of Madrona

Member of the Madrona Sovereignty Movement in Canada

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
If you want to start a nation it's one thing if you want to add states to the US this is another thing.
Prime Minister of Pinang
President of the Golden Party
Senator of the Parliament
General of Military Forces
Sergeant of Statal Police

For more informations:
https://micronations.wiki/wiki/User:Esty
I would argue that when movements such as that of the Crown Dependency of Forvik are considered to be micronationalist, then forming a new state would be. Remember also that a nation and a state aren't automatically synonymous.

I'll also point out that if we count large imperialistic or macronation-replacing movements as micronations, then Aryavart counts as one. Make of that what you will.
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz
Considering each state that makes up the United States, is, technically, sovereign and independent of the others, then sure, why not?

Once people start splitting hairs about who gets to be in their special "micronational club" based on the end state goal of their micronation, then they might run into issues. Siar Fordell, for example, is a part of the United States, with no intention of ever not being so. True, we regard ourselves as soverign and independent, but our feudal duties obligate The Thegn, my heirs, and the nobility to military service for the United States. Does that preclude us from being a micronation?

It is worth noting that one of my goals is an expansion of our feudal holdings into multiple states, as well as into Europe to prevent any one singular government holding too much authority over the Thegn-Hold, and encourage loyalty to the dynastic house and our values and beliefs rather than to a specific government.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
Interesting topic. Isn't the Conch Republic a Dependant state as they Identify with the USA and with themselves as a Republic? Also, if you dont provide every service like school, health care, etc. are you considered a Dependant State? How does that work with the Montevideo Convention?
[img][Image: 20180926-192956.png][/img]

Motto: Hecho y Derecho - Straight and True
"Vivat Terra Nostra" - Long Live Our Land

"Nabe"(Pronounced Nah-Beh) Jeffrey "I" Navarro , First King of The Talderans, Protector of the Realm, The Martial Dragon.  

Quote:"I am King of the People, Not the Land...for a King is a Slave to his people."

The Montevideo Convention isn't affected as to whether a State is able to provide all services
"Progress doesn't wait for conservatives."
~ King Shamus I, Kingdom of Madrona, 2016

His Majesty King Shamus the First of the Provisional Government of the Kingdom of Madrona

Member of the Madrona Sovereignty Movement in Canada

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
There are lots of dependent states in the world, with a great many of them regarded as soverign and with seats at the UN. Like King Shamus said, I dont think being able to provide such services has anything at all to do with sovereignty.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell