Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An idea on feudalism
Hey, so I know that many of you will not do it so that's fine, but I have a thought. So many young/new micronationalists join the community and create nations that, without the experience and the man power fall apart very quickly. Therefore, I propose the "feudal project". Basically, my nation (Phokland) wants to find new micronationalists and let em make there own state, but have it be a feudal state of Phokland (temporarily). This allows them to recieve help and aid from my nation whilst they get their state's affairs in order and learn what they are doing. Once they feel comfortable in this, they can leave Phokland and their feudal state will be given full independence and recognition from Phokland. I have already dome this with Emosia and would love to do this with young and new micronationalists. So if anyone is intrested, hit me up at rosscharle@gilbertschols.net or don't I don't really care. Also everyone else, what do you think of my idea? 

P.S. sorry for the rushed page, I'm just tired and it is really late rn.
I think this is a great idea. Younger micronations have a lot to learn from older and more experienced micronations. This could really help the community.
I did this exact thing when I took Custosia into Siar Fordell as a Feudal state. This lasted several months until Custosia set out on their own as a monarchy. I think that it has a lot of potential, but you need to establish before hand what is expected out of each participant and what each wants out of the arrangement. It also works best with monarchies working with other monarchies. It is hard to have a republic acting as a feudal overlord, or substate, and almost impossible with a communist regime (if you actually put these forms of government into practice, at least)
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
(25 Feb 2019, 16:46:32)Atian Wrote: I think this is a great idea. Younger micronations have a lot to learn from older and more experienced micronations. This could really help the community.

Alright thanks, what do you recommend I put as rules (being that you've done this before).
Also, everyone how do you suppose I get the word out about this to new micronationalists.
Hello all, I have decided to begin this project gung-ho. However I need help advertising this to new mictonationalists and micronations. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks XD
(26 Feb 2019, 04:01:06)H.L. Prince Charles I Wrote: Hello all, I have decided to begin this project gung-ho. However I need help advertising this to new mictonationalists and micronations. Any ideas or help would be appreciated. Thanks XD

Barbettia has not done this before, but we have given much thought to the idea of taking in newer micronations as a kind of state or duchy. I think both sides can stand to benefit from this, as newer micronationalists can bring fresh ideas to older micronations, and older micronations in return can show the newer micronationalists what works and what doesn't. It would be good to think about what you can offer the younger micronations. Think about what your country has tried to do, and what your country excels at. Also think about the failures that you have had along the way. These are some of the valuable pieces of knowledge that you can offer a younger micronation. Establishing clear expectations with prospect dependencies and states will set the foundation for a productive interaction. Regular communication would probably be really important for a project like this, so a Discord server between you and your dependency/state could be a good idea, too. Good luck with your project.
The hardest part might end up being actually getting a new micronation to admit that they need help. The issue with many leaders is that they come into micronationalism with the intent to do things their way (because why else would you form your own country?) When I took Custosia in as a feudal state, I did so after they had considered giving up on micronationalism altogether, and I offered joining Siar Fordell as an alternative. As Atian said, setting clear expectations and objectives will be essential, and make sure you know what you can offer a fledgling micronation.

I would be willing to take on a feudal state again, but it would depend on their goals, and if we could find a way to align them with Siar Fordell's.
"Sola Virtus Nobilitat!"
Virtue (Valor) Alone Enobles!

Ser John Marshall, Thegn of Siar Fordell

The Thegn-Hold of Siar Fordell

Wiki Page for Siar Fordell
(27 Feb 2019, 05:08:57)ThegnSiarFordell Wrote: The hardest part might end up being actually getting a new micronation to admit that they need help. The issue with many leaders is that they come into micronationalism with the intent to do things their way (because why else would you form your own country?) When I took Custosia in as a feudal state, I did so after they had considered giving up on micronationalism altogether, and I offered joining Siar Fordell as an alternative. As Atian said, setting clear expectations and objectives will be essential, and make sure you know what you can offer a fledgling micronation.

I would be willing to take on a feudal state again, but it would depend on their goals, and if we could find a way to align them with Siar Fordell's.

yeah... how might i advertise it you think?
r/micronations is filled with new people.
Daniel Lee
Wow this really is outdated
Yep and r/micronations also has Project Nations as it's discord.