Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Legacy Press
Since the original "News from Suzukia" thread was from three years ago (dang!), and my last post from there I believe was a year ago, I've decided to create a brand new news thread for my micronational projects. My micronation, being that it has gone through several renamings over the last 14 and a half years,  is generally referred to as the Drew Star Line Legacy, DSL Legacy, or simply The Legacy. This is an ode to the original name for the country: Drew Star Line. As such I feel The Legacy Press is a fitting name. 

So, that aside, what has been going on in The Legacy? 

Well, a few projects are underway for the main micronation. Two parallel plans are currently under study for colonization attempts between 2030 and 2035, with a final decision to be made on our 15th anniversary: 13 September 2020. 

The Lego-based micro Sunþrawegaz is still around, but due to the reality of life for several of the project's designers, it remains somewhat ephemeral, and we've had to cancel several planned exhibitions of our work. Much of its historiography is being transferred over to my planned Micras "second world" of Cytherea, which I am currently working on a map for and should be available for use by the MCA community this summer.

San Dover is also still around. It's sort of a cultish, preparedness society now. Not really a micronation anymore. I tend not to discuss its inner workings in the community these days. 

One thing I am excited about is the Neo-Bronze Society. It's a small community for those who love Bronze Age, Stone Age, or early Iron Age stuff. Essentially, if it was before Christ, it's worth the NBS's time. Forging and metallurgy is a primary concern for many, but we also cover history, literature, artwork, religion, government, and even cuisine. We have a Discord server, and if you're interested in joining, follow this link here. You do not need to be a micronationalist to join, and this is not an organization.

My personal rocket enthusiast club, Project Red Lightning, is preparing to become a full on aerospace company. This was planned to be accomplished by the end of the year, given that we believed back in January we would have the funding to have prototyped several rocket parts to gain financial backing for the full-up designs. But the virus has postponed these plans until further notice. Had this not happened, we were expecting to have our first orbital launch attempt of the R-1 Maia rocket in October 2028. This rocket was initially approved in early 2019, and spent the rest of the year in computer simulations and redesigns. What began as a 72-foot tall rocket with only 30,000 pounds of thrust ended up becoming a 100-footer with 192,000 pounds of thrust. And that's just the low-powered base model! 

Swinging back to micronational news, the Kermadec Union was officially reorganized. Due to the legal precedent of its charter, it turns out we did not have the proper conditions to close down the KU in an official capacity in 2017, and so it still de jure existed for the past three years. After several failed restarts, I decided to take it upon myself and reform the KU as a confederation, which really wasn't that hard. I call it the Confederation of Aspiring Microstates, and a couple of weeks ago its charter was posted on the Discord for potential new members to peruse. However, there has been so much drama on the Discord side of the community that what was supposed to be a glorious return of one of the community's most notable intermicronational organizations got lost in the muddle. Its charter is provided below if anyone is interested in reading it, and of course feel free to ask questions about it here or in a private message (or do so about any other topic I brought up, for that matter). 

.pdf   Charter of the CAM.pdf (Size: 129.83 KB / Downloads: 6)
 [Image: Flag_of_San_Dover.png]

Violette "Suzuki" Clingersmith

Co-Founder and Leader of the Drew Star Line Legacy (2005-)
Creator and Caretaker of the Sunþrawegaz Kuningadōmas (2017-)

Uskorian Knight of the Bachelorette, Novian Baroness of the Fennec Fox,
Recipient of the Sovereign Order of the Rose, Recipient of the Order of Uskor, Member of the Austenasian Order.

Been a little bit since the last reply, so I figure I'll make another one. 

The main micronation has completed its feasibility study for the two colonization contenders, and I am now at the phase of making a decision. This will probably be announced before the planned 15th anniversary, but we'll see how it plays out. My former vice president and friend for 18 years, Leslie Thompson, has returned to the micronation, a major moral booster. 

Oh, and in case you were wondering, the main micronation doesn't have an official name currently. For now it's just DSL or Legacy as unofficial terms. An official one will be decided upon in conjunction with the territory decision. 

San Dover and Sunþrawegaz is still existing in the shadows. Don't worry about them too much.

The Cytherea map for the MCA has been temporarily paused while I work on the X4 color scheme, whose progress you can view HERE.

PRL's research and development has also been put on hold, mainly due to the quarantine. The launch schedule should be alright, still looking at an October 2028 launch for the R-1, but we're prepared to have to push that first blast-off into 2029 if necessary. 

I will be returning to the MicroRamble podcast with co-hosts Charles Ross and Thomas Bainbright sometime next week. We'll be talking about YAMOs and a small eulogy will be given for our lost friend and fellow micronationalist, Nicholas Randouler, who created the podcast with Charles and me.

Lastly, the CAM, after a couple of months of simply going nowhere, is looking like it's on a fast track to Now-Town. In just a few short hours, the KU's successor has managed to gain the attention of several high-end micronationalists. We'll see where these developments take the CAM, but I do have a very good feeling about it all. If you're interested in the CAM, check out our charter at the end of the above post.
 [Image: Flag_of_San_Dover.png]

Violette "Suzuki" Clingersmith

Co-Founder and Leader of the Drew Star Line Legacy (2005-)
Creator and Caretaker of the Sunþrawegaz Kuningadōmas (2017-)

Uskorian Knight of the Bachelorette, Novian Baroness of the Fennec Fox,
Recipient of the Sovereign Order of the Rose, Recipient of the Order of Uskor, Member of the Austenasian Order.