Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Islam
The citizenry are mostly my family, all of whom are hindu.
Islam is a nice peaceful religion, I mean Islam is suppose to be a religion of peace, but Islamophobic idiots want to get rid of the Islamic Religion. To all Islamophobic people I say simply, your all a bunch of morons.
Yours Truly, Giovanni Tomelleri
(4 Apr 2016, 17:53:43)RepublicofSmithvilleGovernment Wrote: Islam is a nice peaceful religion, I mean Islam is suppose to be a religion of peace, but Islamophobic idiots want to get rid of the Islamic Religion. To all Islamophobic people I say simply, your all a bunch of morons.

Do yourself a favor when defending Islam, and lay off the hostility. Your hostility is part of the reason people become Islamophobic.
The Government of the Kingdom of Madrona in exile

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
(4 Apr 2016, 22:03:48)Tjorvi Wrote: Do yourself a favor when defending Islam, and lay off the hostility. Your hostility is part of the reason people become Islamophobic.

Just as "homophobia" is not the proper word for someone who dislikes homosexuals, so too is "Islamophobia" an improper word for someone who dislikes Islam. -Phobia comes from the Greek word for fear, φέβομαι ‎(phébomai - "I fear"). It is a categorical error to suggest that those who dislike (or even hate) Islam are "Islamophobes". They do not fear Islam, but they do have strong feelings against it.

Thus, such silly terms as "homophobia" and "Islamophobia" have no place in the vocabulary.

However, in your defense, it was the president of "Smithville" who used the word first. You were just quoting him. Thus, this complaint is levied against him.
No Markus, I was not quoting anyone from "Smithville," I was replying to post #32 in this thread.

o Nationalist o Activist o Monarchist o Royalist o Separatist o Humanist o Philanthropist o Realist o Research Scientist o Imperialist o Patriot o Progressive o
(5 Apr 2016, 22:50:31)Emperor Markus II Wrote: Just as "homophobia" is not the proper word for someone who dislikes homosexuals, so too is "Islamophobia" an improper word for someone who dislikes Islam. -Phobia comes from the Greek word for fear, φέβομαι ‎(phébomai - "I fear"). It is a categorical error to suggest that those who dislike (or even hate) Islam are "Islamophobes". They do not fear Islam, but they do have strong feelings against it.

Thus, such silly terms as "homophobia" and "Islamophobia" have no place in the vocabulary.

However, in your defense, it was the president of "Smithville" who used the word first. You were just quoting him. Thus, this complaint is levied against him.

Words change their meaning over time, and not every term ever needs to be taken literally, Markus. When a molecule is hydrophobic it doesn't mean it's scared of water, it means it's repelled by it (because shockingly, molecules are not conscious entities). That's because believe it or not, names are not definitions. If you're going to take every Greek or Latin compound word used in modern English and interpret it by its literal translation, you're gonna have a hard time understanding anything.

If you'd prefer, though, "gay-hater" and "Muslim-hater" are equally accepted.
[Image: tumblr_inline_np5kqjWSLx1ss4nfu_540.png]
Tarik of Karjasari, by the Will of his People, King of Sabia and Verona
King of the Valtirians, Defender of the Avendrá, Voice of the Plushies, Duke of Evra
Some random trivia: the root -phobia comes from the Greek god Phobos of, you guessed it, fear. Phobos was the son of Ares AKA Mars (Roman), which is why Phobos is a moon of Mars. Linguistics and Greek mythology, two of some of my favorite things in one thread completely unrelated to them both.
DUKE DYLAN I OF THE DUCHY OF HODINY
HERZOG DYLAN I DES HERZOGTUMS HODINIEN
TTOČ DÝLYN I ÓVŠKY TTÓČKY OV HÓDYNY

WIKI PAGE - HODŠKÍNTYA WIKIPAGE

"I'm not saying you're right, I'm just saying you're not wrong."  - Duke Dylan I

*I'm super obsessed with conlangs, so I'm always willing to help you on yours! See the wikipage entitled Hodškíntya for my best conlang.* 
(5 Apr 2016, 23:32:20)Tjorvi Wrote: No Markus, I was not quoting anyone from "Smithville," I was replying to post #32 in this thread.

(4 Apr 2016, 22:03:48)Tjorvi Wrote:
(4 Apr 2016, 17:53:43)RepublicofSmithvilleGovernment Wrote: Islam is a nice peaceful religion, I mean Islam is suppose to be a religion of peace, but Islamophobic idiots want to get rid of the Islamic Religion. To all Islamophobic people I say simply, your all a bunch of morons.

Do yourself a favor when defending Islam, and lay off the hostility. Your hostility is part of the reason people become Islamophobic.
Congratulations Markus, you just showed me you can quote a message on a forum. What's your point?

To be fair, Shamus, I have no idea what your point is. You responded to the President of Smithville and when Markus referred to you quoting the President of Smithville, you denied responding to anybody from Smithville and you were instead responding to post #32, which was that very post by the Presidney of Smithville.
[Image: buy_email_lists_21819162.jpg]
In the words of  Bill Clinton
I did was not affiliated or part take in the actions of the hackers, Dreamlight Hackerz